QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The ISO 9000 family of standards is a guideline on good quality management practices. This standard consists of standards and guidelines relating to quality management systems and related supporting standards.
This standard that provides a set of standardized requirements for a quality management system, regardless of activities of the organization, its size, or whether it is in the private, or public sector. It is the only standard in ISO 9000 family against which an organization can be certified.
Benefits of ISO 9001
It helps the organization:
- To enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
- To function effectively
- To manage the resources effectively
- To continually improve the processes
- To increase competitiveness of organization
- To benefit in tenders
- To increase acceptance in overseas (exports)
Requirements of ISO 9001:2008:
This International Standard specifies requirements for a quality management system for an organization where an organization:
- Needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product /services that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.